At Mid-Kansas Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we believe in using state-of-the-art technology to improve patient outcomes, to increase comfort, and to enhance safety. One of the best examples of this is our use of 3D imaging. We are pleased to provide full 3D imaging of the teeth and mouth as part of our consultation process. These 3D images help us develop treatment plans with greater precision, ultimately providing patients with improved results.
Benefits of 3D Scanning
3D scans allow us to see the full anatomy of the tooth and mouth in three dimensions. We pair these rich images with software that helps us plan procedures and eliminate the guesswork. Essentially, 3D imaging catches more than a typical X-ray would, allowing us to guide dental implant placement and to plan other procedures more carefully.
Some additional benefits of the 3D scanning process include:
- Reduced exposure to radiation when compared with typical X-rays
- Greater visibility, including the ability for us to see things that would not be visible to the naked eye
- Improved development of patient treatments and care plans
- Decreased risk of “surprises” during a surgical procedure
- Images are immediately available for your oral surgeon to view and begin planning the best course of treatment
You’re in Good Hands with Mid-Kansas OMS
At our practice, we are committed to remaining on the cutting edge of clinical technology, offering best-in-class options for improving patient outcomes. We are pleased to provide 3D scanning as needed, and also happy to answer any questions about how this technology works. To schedule a consultation appointment with one of our doctors, contact our practice at your next opportunity.